Sunday, June 30, 2013

6 Months yall!!

Well, when I last left you all I was knee deep in planning, prepping, and DIY-ing myself crazy!! But now I can say that I have been overly happily married for 1/2 a year! Yes, it was crazy, and yes I almost killed him, but we made it like we always do and grew even deeper in love with not only each other, but ourselves.

Hmmm, where do I start? I know it has been a minutes since I last posted so please check out my updated DIY's from our wedding and our new home!

So, since we got married we have poured ourselves into growing our own business. We both made the decision to leave our full time jobs and start Soul Mate Weddings and Events, our own wedding and event planning company! Something I actually already had been doing part time in addition to a full time gig. We have been doing extremely well and of course you know we never live with regrets! Much like planning a wedding, running a business is full of crazy ups and downs and unexpected challenges. Hey, I guess you can say it is like managing a healthy marriage also. All in all, we are succeeding at both!
I guess the key to success is to have a plan, I cant say that we always have well thought out plans, or that we don't deviate from the plans slightly, but I can say that we know what we want and don't mind working hard to get it, that is OUR plan.

Phase 1: Get married
Phase 2: Launch our company and begin setting the foundation
Phase 3: Move into a bigger home that will allow our son to have more space, close enough to the city for our pleasure, but not too far away from the baby's school which we love! And closer to our downtown office.

So far our plan is successfully under way for year one. And while we may not be one of those out of the movie couples that get married, have kids, and buy a house, we do have our plans mapped out. And our 5 yea plan includes the purchase of our very own home but for now, we love our perfectly imperfect rental, being able to work on our own time, and driving our son to school! lol :)


Mrs. Bethea

No comments:

Post a Comment