Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We are getting married!!!

The craziness continues, luckily we are more than prepared to handle it this time around. We will be getiing married December 31st, 2012 in Baltimore MD!

OOOH!!! I almost forgot the proposal story, here goes:

We got engaged December 31st, 2011 and it was so magical! We both work at the same Banquet hall, Alex as a sous chef and I am an event cordinator. So it was no suprise that we both would be working at the jobs annual New Years Eve Party, but what happened at midnight was a total suprise to me. After the countdown and the hooplah ended I heard an all too familiar voice come across the DJ's microphone. I was instructed to come to the middle of the dance floor and as I looked up and saw Alex standing on stage my heart dropped. After a long speech about how much we 've been through together and how much he loves me he hopped off stage and asked me again, if I would be his wife. It was incredible and completley unexpected because it was completley out of his character

Wedding Theme
We choose an Old Hollywood Glamour theme because I love old movies and the fashion, glamour and grunge of the 1920's and 1940's. Our color scheme is Black, White, Red, and a damask pattern.

Please excuse if I ramble, but this blog will be like a diary for me to keep all my random thoughts and ideas in. 2012 is here and all I can say is it's going to be a crazy year. Not only am I getting maried, but my bestfriend and my brother are as well. I have alot of work ahead of me, so it's a good thing that I love weddings!!!

So here's the story so far...

We want to have a fantastically amazing wedding on a ridiculosly low budget. The reason for that is that we also would like to settle into a place of our own in the close future. Not only that, but we love to shop, dine out, travel, and are very proud that we spoil our kids. lol.

With that being said, we dont make giant figures in the salary department, so you will see how we live our fabulous life very frugally. We have dreams of seeing the world and running our own business, so spending $20,000 for a wedding is crazy! Hell, spending $10,000 is too much for us!

Just stay tuned for amazing DIY projects and crazy bargains and tips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment